Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 March 2012

10,000 steps a day?

Hello Blog friends!

I have neglected my blogging for too long now! It is amazing what a difference wearing a pedometer has made in my life.

I am still human though and even though we had a GREAT winter, I still managed to get "off track" exercising less than I would have liked. The good news is that more often than not I managed to get 10,000+ steps a day! Now, the thought of walking for an hour, 2 hours or even 3 hours does not scare me...I know I can do it! And even better, my doctor keeps confirming that my health is great. I no longer need to worry about being pre-diabetic! My doctor told me that whatever I am doing, I should keep on doing it...and what am doing?

Trying to watch what I eat but honestly not as successfully as I would hope to be. And I wear my pedometer every day with the goal of getting to 10,000 steps. At least 3 times a week I reach this goal! And I feel great!

I am not sure that the weight will continue to come off. If I lose 25 pounds a year over the next 5 years then that is okay with me and according to a Kinesiology researcher I just met with, the type of weight loss where I lose 25 pounds a year is definitely sustainable and realistic!

I have more exciting news to tell but that will have to wait until the next blog!

1 comment:

  1. Christal your challenge is one so many of us face. Seeing how well you are handling it inspires others. I appreciate that you do recognize set backs BUT are not letting them hinder your steps to that goal. I am anxious to see your exciting news !!!

    ReplyDelete