Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 May 2012

Winnipeg Manitoba Milk Board Nutrition Conference

Well friends, I actually went to Winnipeg to speak in front of dieticians and phys ed teachers about my experience on the CBC. Not only my experience on the CBC but what life has been like for me as an overweight person. I had the audience laughing and crying...myself included! I had a great time and it amazed me how Stu Phillips, researcher at McMaster University in the Department of Kinesiology, Dale Hayes, Arlene Cristall and I all had the same message: STOP FOCUSING ON WEIGHT AS A MARKER OF HEALTH! I feel very priviledged to have shared the stage with experts in the field. What was so wonderful was to be able to provide a "real life" example so that the conference attendees could hear that "it really does happen!" I continue to wear my pedometer and get as many steps as I can and now it is a normal occurrence for me to get over 10,000 steps a day, 2 or more times a week! When I have some pictures I will try to post them. I want to thank the two Annas, the two Pats and Sara for welcoming me to Winnipeg! I want to thank Arlene Cristall for the difference she is making in families with children who are struggling with weight issues. And of course, I want to thank Stu for being my wing man! We sure did leave a lasting impression in Winnipeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment